The MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet fundraising programme is one of South Africa’s biggest community programmes. They raise funds for schools, charities and environmental organisations through a card system that allows supporters to raise funds for their beneficiary (school or charity) every time they shop at their partner stores. Partners make a contribution, on behalf of the supporter/cardholder, towards the beneficiary they have selected.
The system allows you to make a difference to a worthy cause without it costing you a cent! The MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet programme raises more than R4 million per month for the schools, charities, animal welfare and environmental organisations it supports.
How does MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet work?
1. You can apply for a free MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card by registering online, or you can get a
card at your local Woolworths store. You can link it directly to your Woolworths card so that you
don't have to swipe twice! Remember to select Animal Welfare Society – PE as your beneficiary.
It’s quick and easy! You can select up to 3 schools and/or charities as your beneficiary/ies.
Beneficiaries be changed (e.g. when a child leaves school) online or via the phone, without the hassle
of getting a new card.
2. When you purchase items from participating retailers they swipe the card with the purchase.
3. A percentage of the transaction is then allocated to your beneficiary/ies.
The partner stores pay the contribution on behalf of the cardholder. All these transactions are recorded and a statement is sent to individual supporters on a monthly basis. The supporter card is not a credit or debit card but simply tracks transactions and funds raised.
Where can I swipe my MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card?
The success of the programme depends on the number of times you swipe your card. Supporters can use their cards at a range of national, regional and local retail partners on the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet system. Some of the national partners include
• Engen Quickshops,
• Engen Foodstops,
• Tafelberg Furnishers,
• Power24 pre-paid electricity
• Altech Netstar and many more.
To view a more comprehensive list of local business partners click here
Benefits of being a cardholder
1. You can raise funds for your favourite school or charity without it costing you a cent.
2. You can use one card at many different stores, not just one.
3. Exclusive discounts and special offers at partner stores for cardholders.
4. You will receive a monthly email statement showing exactly how much your beneficiary has raised.
Please remember every swipe counts!