AWS(PE) was founded in 1971. It is the largest organization of its kind in the Port Elizabeth area. We are not supported by any government funding – we rely entirely on membership, sponsoring and donations to finance the care that we provide. As a registered Non-Profit Organisation, we are accountable at all times for the public funds we work with.
By becoming a member of AWS(PE), you can join us in our commitment
- to provide protection, care and shelter for the homeless animals in the NMB, including stray,
abandoned, surrendered and injured companion animals,
- to run a service to deal with the many cases of cruelty and neglect which are reported to us,
- to provide veterinary services and a bi-weekly clinic to the Walmer township community, including
sterilisation, vaccination, dipping and emergency veterinary services,
- to promote the humane treatment of animals,
- to provide education to schools in the Nelson Mandela Bay area to promote responsible
- to reunite lost pets with their families and
- to secure suitable forever homes for the animals in our care.
Our fun and informative bi-monthly newsletter goes out to our members every two months. Our members also receive invites to AWS(PE) events. Furthermore, your annual fee entitles you to a vote at our AGM.
Your membership really makes a difference!
Please help us further the cause by telling your friends and family who might like to join AWS(PE). You may also like to give membership to someone as a gift. If you would like a custom made gift voucher, please contact our office.
Our membership levels are as follows:
• Single (annual) - R120.00
• Family (annual) - R150.00
• Pensioner/Student (under 18) (annual) - R20.00
• Single Life Membership - R1000.00
• Double Life Membership - R1500.00
Membership starts 1 April and ends 31 March the following year.
New members who would like to join AWS(PE) after 1 October will pay only 50% of the fee for the remainder of the period, and can renew after 31 March.
Please click here to download the membership form. Complete it on your computer, save the document as a pdf (if you can) and email it to email@example.com with your proof of payment. If you email the proof of payment to yourself first and then to us, we can immediately see who it belongs to and acknowledge your payment.
Feel free to contact us with any queries you may have.